Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY Embellished Shoe

This is my inaugural post to my craft/do it yourself (DIY) blog. This evening I decided to embellish some little sneakers I got for my daughter. Since this was my first time I didn't want to "mess up" any of her good shoes. So I picked these up from Target for $13, they are cheap and cute so this was perfect.

For the past two weeks I've been picking up embellishments from Hobby Lobby & JoAnn Fabrics. I wasn't 100% on what look I was going for so I decided to go for it and see what happens.

The shoe was all white trimmed in pink so I had a general idea of what colors I should use.

I got these embellishments from Hobby Lobby
Cupcake embellishments
Industrial strength glue E6000
(You need proper ventilation when using this glue)

The little sneakers I picked up from Target

This is how the finished product looks.

I have so many ideas on things I want to do.  One of my girls gave me some embellished Chucks at my baby shower and I've been in love ever since. They were my inspiration to make these and a lot of other things to come.

Here are the original Chucks that gave me my inspiration.

There is a lot more to come!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Miracle, DIY is a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete